Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sleepless in Teshie

I did not sleep a single wink last night, and neither did Sherie. So, we spent the night talking, eating random food left in the pantry, reading, and listening to our ipods. We couldn't figure out why in the world we couldn't sleep. We both got out of bed around 7:30 am and decided that we must be too excited about coming home to rest! We stopped by the hospital to say goodbye to Prosper and Dr. Akosua, my two favorite people in Ghana. We then spent the day by the pool at La Palm. I am now a few shades darker and Sherie has a few new freckles!
I made some scrumptious pancakes last night for dinner. The power was out, but the stove is gas. I had to use candles so that I could see what I was doing. Sherie photo-documented the experience, just so that there would be proof of me cooking (in an apron)!
We leave for the airport in a little over an hour. We are all packed and ready to go. All that's left to do is shower. I am waiting until the VERY last minute so that I sweat as little as possible between here and the airplane. I am not looking forward to the long plane rides. The only thing worse than my goat phobia is my plane phobia! Hopefully, I will be able to sleep most of the way. I am really excited about being home. I can't wait to see my fam and friends at Match Day on Thursday, and some even sooner than that! I love ya'll and miss ya'll!

Breaking news: Sherie just walked in the door and told me she has malaria for the SECOND time! She told me its not fair that she has it, that it was supposed to be me. She says I am the sickly one! I am so thankful that I did not get malaria or typhoid. I'm not sure how I did it! But, with my lousy immune system, of course something had to go wrong. I have a cut on my toe that is now grossly infected. I looked down while walking today, only to see a lot of pus and swelling. How delightful, I know! Its pretty gross. Im sure that plenty of bacteria crawled into my cut from walking on the beach that people use a public toilet! Foul!

Much love,
Leah

No comments: