Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Final Countdown

The final countdown has begun! Only three days until I leave. I am really excited about coming home and seeing everyone. I am DYING for some mexican food, TCBY, and red wine!
I don't have anything super exciting to write about today. We went to the National Cultural Center yesterday and got harrassed by lots of Ghanaians trying to sell us stuff. I bought some gorgeous paintings and got to try some delicious Ghanaian ice cream. I felt bad last night and went to bed early. I got tested again for malaria today, and I don't have it. YAY! It turns out I am just pretty dehydrated, and that explains my headache and fatigue.
I spent the afternoon giving a presentation to the doctors at Manna Mission. We are all about to go a beachside bar to have drinks and celebrate the UVA kids' last night here, and I am super excited!
I hope that you are all having a good week. You have no idea much I miss all of you!

Much love,
Leah

No comments: